Day 3 – 31.03: Are all coastal towns mazes?

Taking the 6:57 train out of Kazusa-Kameyama (上総亀山) felt weird, it felt like it had been ages since I last took a train, even though it had just been less than twelve hours since I came in with one. This feeling passed soon enough as I started passing out again. Before I left, I took some pictures of the surroundings.

I reached my final destination after an hour’s time, at around 8, and started to look for a place that sells breakfast. Me, of course, being a dummy, I didn’t stop to ask for anyone, and so I wandered around – taking pictures of things such as temples, fish and turtles – and eventually returning to the station and going to the other, eastern exit. It took me ages, and I travelled at least 4 kilometres, but I found a McDonalds – seemingly the only place that serves breakfast (that I could find, at any rate).

Having walked back to the station, I started waiting for the next train southwards, not really having decided WHERE I was going in there. I had done some research at McDonalds (lol), and came to the conclusion that Tateyama (館山) wouldn’t really be all that interesting. After some more research I came to the conclusion that I should go to Minami-Bousou (南房総), so I just hopped in to the next train going that way.

The train ride was – you guessed it – full of passing out. I also missed the station closest to the hotel I reserved, Chuubei (忠兵衛), Iwai station. (岩井駅), because of the confusion right after having woken up. So I ended up in the Tomiura station (富浦駅) instead.

Tomiura (富浦) area was just absolutely beautiful with it’s mountains and trees and just the atmosphere in general. I walked around in the labyrinth of a town for an hour, taking pictures as I went on. The time passed by quickly, and soon enough I was on my way to Iwai station. (岩井駅).

After arriving, I started walking towards my hotel. The weather was just gorgeous; it was 20 degrees, no clouds in the sky. Unfortunately, I was wearing my black jacket and a dark sweater – just the dumbest idea on this weather. I did the same thing in Tomiura (富浦), actually. I am surprised that I’ve gotten this far alive. I reached the hotel after some of the most painful thirty minutes in a while.

The woman that came to greet me, the owner, could not speak English, and so the communication was a bit awkward, but pointing around and repeating that I did not understand somehow got me through all of it. Shortly after everything having been set to recharge, I passed out due to not getting proper rest in over a day.

It was already late when I woke up, so I just started procrastinating. Before ending the day, I got pictures of my room.

I do not know where I will go tomorrow, but I know that the place’ll be back in Ibaraki (茨城).

This is how the third day ends.

Withdrew: 0,000

Spent: 0,490

Remaining cash: 33,181

No money lost today.


McDonalds – 0,490

I’ll be paying for the hotel tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.